Tooth Pain Relief
Having a toothache can be the worst. Sometimes it’s all you can think about, and sometimes taking a pain reliever just doesn’t help. All you can do is see the dentist to find out what the root cause of the problem is and get it fixed so you can get some relief from the pain. Tooth pain relief is a quick drive to an appointment at Grateful Dental for general dentistry, where you will see one of our caring and compassionate dentists.
Your tooth pain may be caused by a cavity that needs filling, or you may have sensitivity that needs to be addressed with a special toothpaste or rinse. However, you may need more serious work like a root canal or even an extraction and a dental implant so you can retain your smile. Even a missing molar can cause your teeth in the front to shift, causing your smile to change.
It’s important to get tooth pain relief as soon as possible so you don’t have to deal with the annoying and painful ache.
Treatment for Jaw Pain
Home treatments will always be tried first for jaw pain, such as over-the-counter pain relievers and applying hot compresses. Massages may also work. However, if these things do not relieve your jaw pain, your dentist at Grateful Dental may try several other things to help relieve your discomfort:
- A custom-fit mouth guard to prevent grinding your teeth and prevent tension in your jaw at night while sleeping
- Prescription muscle relaxers to help relax the jaw muscles
- Dental work such as crowns, replacing missing teeth with implants or bridges or even using braces to help align the teeth better so the jaw is better aligned – this can help relieve pain
- A TENS device can be used to stimulate jaw muscles and help relax them
- Pain medication can be injected directly into the jaw
- There are three types of surgery for TMJ (Temporomandibular Jaw Disorders) if none of the above help with your jaw pain
If you have tooth or jaw pain and reliefe today, contact Grateful Dental now to schedule your appointment.