How many times do you see movie stars on television and covet their perfect smile? Celebrities are known to have teeth that are straight, white and proportioned. After all, a smile is one of the first features that others notice, and its appearance can drastically affect how attractive, youthful and confident you are perceived. What you may not know, however, is that a celebrity smile is within reach for you. In fact, cosmetic dentistry doesn’t discriminate at all. The same cosmetic dental treatments that your favorite movie star received is likely available to you too.
Your Options in Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry can involve many different procedures that improve the appearance of your teeth. Contrary to popular belief, there are cosmetic dentistry services that are affordable for every budget. The procedures you choose to undergo in your smile transformation will depend on your personal aesthetic concerns (what bothers you about your smile), your budget, the health of your teeth and the time you are willing to spend at the dental office.
A skilled and modern cosmetic dentist will typically offer the following services in cosmetic dentistry:
- Teeth Whitening – for stubborn stains and discoloration
- Cosmetic Bonding– for minor chips, gaps and uneven teeth
- Crowns/Bridges – for missing teeth or broken teeth
- Porcelain Veneers – for crooked, gapped, misshapen, discolored or chipped front teeth
- Short-Term Orthodontics – for crooked, crowded or widely spaced teeth
Celebrity Smile Makeover with Veneers
While some celebrities are born with pretty teeth, most undergo a smile makeover before they hit the big screen. In many cases, the smile makeover involves porcelain veneers, as this is the quickest and most effective way to make drastic improvements in the appearance of your teeth. Porcelain veneers are wafer-thin shells of porcelain that are bonded to the front surface of your teeth to hide imperfections. They offer the translucency and appearance of natural teeth and can be customized in shape, size and color to meet your unique aesthetic goals.
If you’ve decided to get veneers to gain that perfect Hollywood smile, you can expect the following:
- Two office visits (in most cases)
- Small portion of your existing teeth removed
- Instant results
- Stain-resistant new teeth
- Permanent solution for chipped, gapped, stained or crooked teeth
What’s Holding You Back?
It is not hard to convince patients about the benefits of porcelain veneers. Who wouldn’t want a celebrity smile in just two office visits? However, there are many things that can hold patients back from taking advantage of porcelain veneers. Here are some common obstacles that patients face as well as how your dentist can address them:
- Fear of the Procedure – If you are too nervous about the process of getting veneers, you will be happy to know that the procedure is virtually painless. At Grateful Dental, we use local anesthetics as well as offer sedation dentistry. This allows patients to fully relax and not be anxious while in the dental chair.
- Cost of Veneers – Cosmetic dentistry is typically not covered by dental insurance. However, there are several financing plans available that can make the cost of veneers affordable for your budget. Keep in mind that the value of improving your smile appearance is significant and can impact your relationships, career and self-confidence for life!
- Unhealthy Teeth – This is a valid concern. Since veneers hide imperfections instead of actually correcting them, it is imperative that your natural teeth be in good condition. If you have decay, gum disease or infection, you may not qualify for veneers right away but your dentist can often address these dental issues and place your veneers in the near future.
Schedule Your Smile Makeover Consult in Marietta
Your smile is one of the most powerful assets that you own. Are you confident in yours? How would straight white teeth and a beautiful smile impact your life? Don’t count yourself out from getting a celebrity smile with porcelain veneers. At Grateful Dental, we proudly offer a full menu of cosmetic dental services to ensure you have every opportunity to address all types of dental imperfections. If you hide your smile due to chips, gaps, stains or other aesthetic issues, let us help.
Call Grateful Dental today to learn more about your candidacy for porcelain veneers or other cosmetic dental treatments. We want to know what is holding you back from a confident smile!
Posted on behalf of Dr. Leia Porcaro
Marietta, GA 30067