When it comes to choosing the right dentist for your family, it never pays to walk in blindly. Do your research. After all, finding the right dentist is a key part of ensuring that every visit will be a positive one. Most importantly, the right dentist will help your family obtain great oral care for years to come (Colgate).
- Does the dentist have a good reputation?
- Do online reviews reveal pleasant experiences by actual patients?
- Are there any negative remarks?
- How long has the dentist been in practice?
- Do the services offered fit your family?
- Is the practice in close proximity to your home?
- Does the staff maintain flexibility in scheduling and emergency dentistry?
- Are there options for financing?
- Is the dentist (and staff) accustomed to working with children?
In addition the questions above, it is always wise to ask your friends or family members whom they trust for dental care. Some specific questions you may ask friends are:
- How well does the dentist explain treatment options?
- On average, how long do you have to sit in the waiting room?
- Are there activities for children while waiting?
- Does the staff provide gentle dental care that is fun for children?
Take Your Time, And Weigh Your Options!
Whether you’ve recently moved, or if you are finally ready to visit a dentist after a string of bad experiences, it’s important to take your time and weigh your options. Do not necessarily go with the most readily available dentist. Be willing to call and request a tour. Ask the dentist for an interview. You can be sure—it’ll make all the difference in your smile!
With a reputation for providing high quality dental care in a supportive, caring environment, Dr. Leia Porcaro at Grateful Dental is ready to welcome your family today. With a full spectrum of preventative, general, restorative and cosmetic dental services, you’ll find what you’re looking for at our East Cobb/Marietta practice.
To speak with a team member or to schedule an appointment for your family, call Grateful Dental today.